On fall and Bennett

I love fall weekends. It's sometimes still warm enough to go outside for a walk with the baby, and my new neighborhood has miles of trails that wind in and out of the trees. Bennett doesn't mind being bundled up, and frankly it's adorable anyway. I mean.. baby outfits are a thousand times cuter when they have ears, right?

I can't wait until he's walking. He's 15 months - slow to walk, but still in the limit of normal. He's a big boy and was slow with crawling too. His biological sister was even later, so I'm not losing sleep over it. I know as much as I want him to walk, my life will change and get crazy when that happens so i need to embrace this while I can. :) He's walking on his knees so he's stopped caring much about regular walking, though if I let go of him in front of me he'll stumble a few steps into my arms. He's losing weight which is making me sad, because he's my chunky baby and I don't want him to lose all of his rolls and start to look like a kid instead of a baby :(

Someone at a restaurant when I was picking up carry out last night said, "You need to put that baby on a diet before it becomes a problem!" ... he's 15 months old. I'm not feeding him lard, I'm feeding him age-appropriate food. And he's thinner than he used to be! Mind your own business, crazy lady, and let's not perpetuate the idea that children need to be worried about their weight. Gross.

SHARE:
Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig